Saturday, November 3, 2007

Did it

I ran a 39:18 in the 10k this morning. And at the end, I felt like I could have run the half marathon at that pace. But, I accomplished my goal for the morning, and my legs still feel like I could take a decent run tomorrow. Next time I may go for as low as six flat mile pace, but we'll see where I am at that point.

So apparently, this means I am recovering (still) quite well from my broken leg last year. I continue to make improvements every time I race. Unfortunately, this also means I've left my training partner, Jessica, somewhat behind. I don't know that I can push myself hard enough to improve and still train with her a lot of the time. We shall see.

Also, congrats to my friend Sonya. After training, somewhat halfheartedly, for about a month, she ran a 1:33 in her half today. Ridiculous. I'm jealous.

No comments: