Thursday, October 11, 2007

Jelly Legs

My legs are definitely not all there this morning. This would not be so bad if it weren't for the fact that they've been like this for two days now. On Tuesday, we did 400 repeats in the bbtc. I surprised myself somewhat by doing 10 of them between 1:15 and 1:20, and still feeling like I could do more. Granted, given how my legs feel now, I'm glad I didn't, but it did feel like my legs had finally shown up to work again after my half marathon a few eeks ago.

Yesterday, my legs were so sore that I ended up biking instead of running, for the first time since the day after my race. What started as a simple, easy bike ride turned into some rather fun single track mountain biking up north of Boulder. The primary accomplishment yesterday was that I put my shoulder through more than I probably have since my surgery, and it performed quite well. Didn't even hurt. My left shoulder is still giving me trouble, but I think that will happen until I have the same operation on that one that I did on my right. My plan at the moment is to put that day off as long as possible, and get some good races in in the meantime.

After the ride, I finally put up the practice board for my bouldering training. I've lost so much of my upper body with all the running I"ve been doing that i felt positively weak trying the thing out, but I trust that will fade as I use it more. At one point, I could do 30 pull-ups non-stop. Right now, I'm lucky if I can do 5. But, that also means less weight I have to carry on my runs. It's a tossup.

Today's workout: 20 minute tempo run, probably around 7 min pace, so nothing too difficult. Only thing is, I have to get it done before 6PM so that I can get to the tapping at the walnut . . .

Running rules my life, but I guess beer comes in a close second.

Countdown to my next race: 23 days.

No comments: