Monday, October 29, 2007

Hangover Cure

Running remains the best hangover cure I've ever found. Sunday morning, slightly hung over from the rather interesting night before, I woke up late for me (ie 8 in the morning) and stumbled outside for the morning run. The first mile or so was pretty wretched, but as I got moving, the legs, and head, felt better, and I started to take off. About two miles from my house, I turned the same direction as another morning runner. Naturally, as such things do, we started pushing the pace a little bit. 13 minutes and a little over two miles later, he gave in and turned down another street, slowing down.

Meanwhile, I felt amazing, and continued, albeit slightly slower, for the remaining mile of my run.

In other news, I opted to register for the 10k rather than the half marathon for this weekend. It'll be interesting to see what I can do, as I've only raced one 10k (at sea level) in my life. With any luck, one of my training partners will run too, and we can pace each other.

No comments: