Monday, October 15, 2007

2 a day

On Saturday, I ran twice in one day for the first time since college. And as far as I can tell, there were no ill effects.

Saturday morning's run was somewhat unsatisfying. My normal training partner was not there, as she was to run the Denver half the next day. Incidentally, she won her age group with a 1:30 half. So congrats to her. In any case, since she wasn't there, I ended up running with a slower group (as a "coach," though I am not officially). While it was fun to run and talk with them, it was also much slower than my normal overdistance pace. So I got to the end of an hour run feeling like I hadn't run at all. I got a job offer out of the deal, though, so it's not all bad.

So, the long and the short of it is that I ended up feeling like I needed a run later in the day. So at about 6:30 (when it was already getting dark) I opted to join my roommate for his run. I probably only ended up with 10 or 11 miles on the day, but it was, as I said, the first time in several years that I'd done two (running) workouts in the same day.

Sunday I was a subject in my friend's PhD research, which consisted of walking on a treadmill while being pulled forward or other directions. It was surprisingly difficult, though that was mainly because of the tube I had to breath in and out of in order for her to collect metabolic data.

I ended up going for a very brief run that day. I was actually quite tired, but I think that was more from the walking that morning than the two runs the day before.

No comments: