Monday, November 24, 2008

Summit For Life, part 2

In two weeks, on December 6th, around 6PM, I will be lacing up my running shoes, strapping on crampons, turning on my headlamp, gripping my ski poles, and racing 3267' and 2.5 miles up Aspen Mountain in the snow. At night.

Why am I doing this? Well, besides just sounding like a unique, fun, challenging race, it raises money for education on organ and tissue donation. This cause gets far less publicity than cancer or MS or any of the other myriad health issues that face millions of people every day, but requires no research to solve. It requires choices made by individuals to become a donor. So the most effective "treatment" is education.

I know many of my friends have as little money as I do, but I would appreciate any help you are willing and able to give. By registering for the race, I pledged to raise at least $60, but I'd really love to beat that.

If you want to know more about it, or are willing to give a bit, follow the link below for info. Click "Sponsor a Runner" if you're interested in donating.

Thank you!

www.summitforlife.org

No comments: