Monday, November 3, 2008

My Feet Hurt

Go figure. They got a bit beat up over the past few days.

After my rather longer-than-usual run on Friday, as might be expected, I had a few blisters. Mostly, that was because of the snow I kept having to force my way through. By the time I reached Devils Thumb Pass, my feet were wet, and there was far more snow on the divide trail and going down King Lake Trail than there was on the way up. And, as most runners soon find, wet feet lead to blisters.

Saturday, I decided to take it a bit easy on my legs and feet, and went for a ride up Four Mile Canyon instead. It felt good to be on the bike again, something I haven't done since school started again this fall. The sad fact of the matter is that it takes a while longer, on average, to get a decent bike ride in than it does to run.

But once I got off the bike, my legs felt a little off, and I could tell if I didn't get at least a bit of running in, they'd feel worse the next morning. So after an hour or so, I went for another, very short, run.

Sunday, I opted to run up in Chautauqua again. Probably didn't help my feet any, but my legs needed a good shakedown run.

You can tell it was a good weekend when you have trouble moving on Monday morning.

No comments: