Monday, February 18, 2008

Mt Sanitas


I went on one of my favorite runs yesterday: up Dakota Ridge and down the Sanitas Valley Trail. While I'd prefer to tackle Mt Sanitas itself, I didn't have the legs for it yesterday. In fact, my legs are rather sore after my 50 mile week last week, so I've opted to take today off. While it's not my preferred option, I think it's smarter.

In any case, I took my camera for once. I've discovered that my camera is light and small enough that I can just carry it in one hand and it doesn't affect my running. So here are a few pics from yesterday.

Any way, the first pic above is looking down from the highest point on the run. This is where I had my epiphany on why I run (there's a post on it well down there somewhere.


Above is looking south from the same spot, down towards the valley itself with the flatirons in the background.
Looking down the valley again, from a little lower. I love this part, because the trail is so nice that I can just cruise down the valley. I've pulled 4:30 miles down this thing before (doesn't count as a PR when it's all downhill). I got a few strange looks when I did that.

I'll try to add pictures of my other normal runs now that I have at least a decent way of taking my camera along. Hope you liked it.

No comments: