Monday, February 25, 2008

In Mourning

So I lost a dear friend of many years this morning.

My blue Yoko hat, which I have had for 8 years, was taken this morning while I was on my run. As I do pretty much every morning, I wore my hat for the first ten minutes of my run, then left it on a fence post to collect on my way back. On the way back, the hat was gone.

Now, as most runners do, I have quite an array of hats in my possession, collected from various races, training clubs, teams, and sponsors. However, this was a very special hat. I received it my senior year from my XC ski coach, who gave them to each captain. Since then, this hat has traveled with me everywhere I go, including several countries in Europe and most US states. I wore this hat on every run that merited a hat for the past 8 years, and running will not be the same without it.

Whoever took it, you'd best hope I never see you wearing it, because I take no responsibility for my actions should I see you.

Oh yes, and the hat can be seen in the picture here.

No comments: