Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Not tired enough

My legs are nowhere near tired enough after the race Sunday. While that makes sense because of the wind, they should be more tired than they are. I ran 4 miles yesterday in 24:34, which is about 6:08 miles. That's almost exactly the pace I ran on Sunday for the 5k. This also suggests that I'm peaking, and need to find a race to honestly peak for next weekend. It would be a shame to waste this.

On another note, I had another friend suggest I try to get sponsored yesterday. The first time someone told me that, I dismissed it. The second time, the person suggesting it was a pro mountain biker, and I took her a little more seriously. The third time, I can't really ignore it. Apparently, most sponsors are really looking for somebody who will show their product and label off often (ie who will run a lot of races) and I think I qualify on that point at the moment. As one friend put it, I "run like it's [my] job."

Sadly it's too late to do anything about it this year, but come next year I might look into it if I'm still running as much as I am currently.

Meanwhile, I got 18th or 19th out of 940 people Sunday. I'll take that, especially knowing I can run faster than I did.

No comments: