Sunday, October 5, 2008

Breakthrough?

This past week has been rather interesting, to say the least. Aside from things in my everyday life outside of running (yes, I do have one), I've reached a new level with my running. I'm not sure yet whether I'm faster than I was this spring when I ran a 9:58 two mile, but I'm definitely faster than I've been since that run.

I pushed myself to a whole new level last weekend at the Golden Leaf, and after it. I put in some 27 miles or so over that weekend, which is more than I can ever remember running before in one weekend. And the fact of the matter is that I should not have been able to do so. At the end of the race, I was literally collapsing. The last two miles I had nothing left in the tank, and the one person I really did not want to pass me did . . .

And then three hours later we went for a 7-8 mile run/hike, just to keep loose. And we added an hour run the next day.

All told, I put in 45 miles last week, which is more weekly mileage than I've done in about 7 months. And I was sick from Monday on . . .

My legs are tired, but I still want to go out and run today. It's good to be back at it again.

No comments: