Monday, February 17, 2014

Week Ending 2/16/2014

This was to be a volume week for me, the plan being to add more volume without doing any intensity. It worked fairly well, and given how difficult it seemed to get in ample running the week before, I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was this week.

Monday: Off.

Tuesday: 4 miles. 32 minutes. Opted out of the Tuesday night run, since it tends to be fast-paced, and this week was all about going slowly.

Wednesday: 7 miles, 56 minutes. From home, went down Summit to the Mississippi and back. Nice and easy today, though my legs still seemed overly tired.

Thursday: 4 miles. 32 minutes. Went for a quick run before heading up to Duluth for the next couple days.

Friday: 5 miles. 1:30 (or so). Drove to Wisconsin with the 'rents to go see the ice caves. I will plan to write posts about both this outing, and why I consider walking to be a part of training.

Saturday/Sunday: 12.5 miles. 2:36. The Full Moon Frozen River Run. Again, I'll write another post about this run as well. It was at the same time the most difficult run I've had since coming to Minnesota and the most fun I've had on a run since moving.

Totals:  34 miles, 6hr 13m.

I would consider this a successful week. I intended to add mileage without much intensity, and over all I succeeded. While I only added a couple of miles to the total distance for the week, I added two full hours of time on my feet, which in the end is likely more valuable in any case.  I would also consider Saturday/Sunday to be my first race of the year, and I happened to be the first runner in, both at the aid station and at the finish.

More of that will come in the run report.

No comments: