Monday, January 13, 2014

Week Ending January 12

Recently, I have been forced to remind myself often that 1) I am easing back into training after a significant break 2) I am in a new place, training on pavement far more than I am used to and 3) that I have also started working 8 hours a day at a standing desk. So of course I am more tired off of fewer miles than usual and need more breaks.

That said, things are moving the right direction, but are decidedly not there yet. 

Without further ado: 

Monday: Rest. Also, it was -15 with a -50 windchill. 

Tuesday: 3.2 miles, 24 minutes on roads from home. I also added in an hour and a half or so of climbing at Vertical Endeavors. Temperature 2 degrees.

Wednesday: 3.2 miles, 24 minutes on roads from home. Added 1 hour of Parkour at Fight or Flight Academy. Temperature 0 degrees. 

Thursday: 3.2 miles, 24 minutes on roads from home. I'm beginning to sense a pattern. Temperature ~12 degrees. Managed to avoid getting hit by a Cadillac 

Friday: Off. I ended up super stressed out by work, and had to run to the post office to grab the remainder of my deposit from the apartment we just left. 

Saturday: No running. I instead helped a friend I've known since first grade move. Later at night did about 1.5 hours of ice skating in downtown Saint Paul. Not an off day by any means. 

Sunday: 7 miles, 54 minutes. Ran from my door down Summit to the Mississippi and back. This will likely be a staple run for me. 

Total: 16.5 miles and 2:07 running, 7:37 total workout time. 

I have not managed yet to get into a very good routine. But I am heading that direction. The Polar Vortex that descended on the country didn't help. While I rarely avoid running due to the cold, Monday was too much even for me. Add to that the cold that's been lingering for the past week and a half, and I feel like I'm starting the year fairly well. 

No comments: