Monday, March 9, 2015

Week Ending 3/8/2015

Weekly Totals: 36 miles. About 5 hours.

It was only about 40 degrees warmer than the last time I took a picture from this spot. 

Looking west from the opposite bank. For some reason I really liked this broken stool, sitting out on the ice. 


As a runner, I have never been big on the phenomenon known as "streaking." (Well, depends on the type of streaking, but that's a long story from a while ago now). I know some people who have kept their mile-a-day streak up for a very long time. One is on day 250 or so.

I kept one going for almost two weeks once . . .

But I've been thinking. I'm in good shape, injury-free at the moment, and I'm curious about this. I also happen to be coming up on my 32nd birthday. So I think I might combine the two, and try a short streak, running the 32 days preceding my birthday.

Seems appropriate.

Some rules and guidelines:

  1. Each run must be a mile, documented. Unless my GPS breaks down, in which case I will do 10 minutes.
  2. It has to be a run, where I change into running clothes and shoes. 
  3. If I think that running that mile, or ten minutes, will affect me negatively, I can bail: no harm, no foul. 
That's all. I will start no later than March 18. 

(Did I mention I have two races during that period?)

No comments: