Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Week Ending 9/7/2014

Monday: 8.5 miles. 1:20. Long run for Labor Day. This is the first longer run I've done since starting my new training regime. I felt slow, out of it, and incredibly happy to be out and about again. In point of fact, I was both slow and out of it, since I did not notice two of my friends running along the same road.

Tuesday: 3 miles, 25 minutes. Easy.

Wednesday:  Off.

Thursday: 4.75 minutes, 40 minutes. 20 minutes ever-so-slightly up-tempo (just sub-8 minute pace).

Friday: 4 miles, 33 minutes. Easy.

Saturday: 11 miles, 1:44. Long run again. I took a route down Summit and along the River Gorge trail, taking whatever chance I could to drop down to the river and back up, to get a good 500' of elevation in. Again, I felt slow, particularly on the trails.

This week was my off week, officially, which is why I did not do any intensity. Due to the two longer runs, my distance for the week was still a bit over 31 miles. That marks the most I've done since the race in May, and makes me think that I might just be able to get back into it.

That being said, I still felt really slow on my long runs. I have been trying to keep within a low heart rate range, which seems to make me really slow on the trail sections. On the plus side, to run the way I want to run in November, I don't have to run any faster than I am right now.

On a more annoying note, I think my strength routine has ended up giving me a pulled muscle in my left arm and chest. I worried for a bit that it might be something more serious, but after a doctor's appointment the other day, I am not worried about that. And it seems to be gradually feeling better now that I'm taking a few days off from strength work.

Sometimes it seems like it's always something.

No comments: