Thursday, September 4, 2008

Upcoming Races

Looks like I'll be running in at least two races this month. Yesterday I signed up for the Sombrero Ranch Roundup. While it's only a 4.5 mile race, the time you get there is used directly as a qualifier for the Bolder Boulder. That should give you some idea of the difficulty of the race. According to my friend Jessica, who won her age group there last year, it's a good idea to get out quickly, because it quickly becomes single track where it's difficult to pass. In that sense, it sounds a little like the Golden Leaf (the second race I'm running this month).

It seems that recently my legs, and my mind, have gone through a bit of a re-emergence. I've finally been able to run consistently again for the past week or so. Given how much trouble I'd had with running over the summer, it's a welcome relief. Granted, I don't exactly expect to do all that well in my races this month, but it does bode well for being able to a half in, say, early November this year. At least, that's what I hope to do.

My goal for this week is to run the whole Mesa trail, as a bit of a sounding out of my legs for the Golden Leaf. Mesa is between 12 and 13 miles, and consistently either going uphill or down, so I think it should be a good indication of how my legs might be feeling during my half in Aspen. Here's hoping it goes well.

And I finally bought a water belt, which also carries my camera, so pictures will soon be on their way.

No comments: